Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:04:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM, geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:37 AM, geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, it's about other operating systems too, but what it comes down to
>> is that rantingrick has been on the warpath about tkinter for a while,
>> and hasn't proposed a particularly viable alternative. The sad thing
>> is that if he weren't so unhinged his proposal would probably fare
>> much better

Look, the folks are c.l.py are far too touchy and they really need to
lighten up. Really! The fact that my speech style and delivery does
not fit some "cookie cutter" pre-directive is just BS. The Python
community is NOT a homogeneous block you know, and it should not be!
People have said to me in the past..."""Well you could participate at
python-dev or python-ideas or the tracker but NOT as ranting rick, you
need to use a better name"""... What? What does it matter what my name
is anyway. This is just being pedantic!!

> Sorry for the truncation. I was going to say that I know I would be
> more supportive of it if he was building support for something instead
> of tearing everything else down.

I am not "tearing down" anything, however that was a nice try Geremy
*wink*. The only thing that is being "torn down" is the solid wall of
rabid resistance that has been slowly built by this community over
many years. We have become too centralized and many folks are being
left out of the community decision process. You (and others) act like
my only concern is to destroy what has been built (Tkinter) and that
is not the case! But like old governments, YOU (the python elite!)
have lost all vision for the future. And you've also lost all
connection with the people. I am desperately trying to to snap you out
of this psychosis before it is too late! Tkinter will be the downfall
of Python if we cannot muster the resolve to replace it with something
that is current (or more current) technology. Stop fearing change and
re-ignite the vision that GvR once had.