Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jan 18 17:18:44 EST 2011

On 1/18/2011 3:23 PM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> I am talking about the fact that Python promotes Tkinter

Python uses tkinter as the only choice available for the stdlib.
Others choices not in the stdlib are available for those who want
something better.

> TK are not accessible for screen readers,

I did not know that. You could ask on the tracker that that fact be
added to the docs. I would consider it reason to consider another choice
if there ever were to be a suitable one offered.

>> I'm absolutely
>> against any attempt to remove either from the stdlib. *That* would
>> cause damage.

I agree. Besides IDLE and turtle, there are tools in the Tools directory
that depend on tkinter.

--
Terry Jan Reedy