Python comparison matrix

DevPlayer devplayer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 09:27:07 EST 2011

Awesome, thanks so much for you efforts and sharing.

Idea:
It would be great if we put this table into a python program where I
can run a script against this table and a Python source code module
(file) so that it would spit out a list of strings showing what python
versions work with said source code file.

python.exe  get_versions.py  myPythonSourceFile.py  -insertMetaInfo

Would prepend a text line to myPythonSourceFile.py in some format
like:
# __requires_python__ = ["Python 2.5-2.7"]
or
# __requires_python__ = ["Python", "2.5.x", "2.6.x", "2.7.x"]
or
# __requires_python__ = {"1.0.x":False, ..., "2.5.x":True,
"2.6.x":True, "2.7.x":True]
where key format is comparable agains on of the following:
sys.version, sys.version_info, sys.winver, sys.api_version,
sys.subversion

Idea:
Perhaps add the table you made a list of which libraries/packages are
included in the distro to the different releases.
Comparable against sys.builtin_module_names

Anyone ambisous enough to play with those idea, be my guest.