Converting getCSS Count Code from java to python

SMERSH009 smersh009x at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:46:14 EST 2011

On Feb 2, 7:03 am, Duncan Booth <duncan.bo... at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Stefan Behnel <stefan... at behnel.de> wrote:
> > You are using Selenium RC here. I have no idea if there is a Python
> > API to it or what that API looks like. The rest is just trivial code
> > that you can map 1:1 to Python:
>
> >      def count_css_matches(css_locator):
> >          java_script_code = '''
> >              var cssMatches = eval_css("%s", window.document);
> >              cssMatches.length;''' % css_locator
> >          return int(selenium.getEval(java_script_code))
>
> > Although I'd simplify the JavaScript code somewhat to make it a plain
> > expression.
>
> You also need somewhere:
>
>     from selenium import selenium
>
> and in Python the method that is needed is selenium.get_eval(...)
>
> --
> Duncan Boothhttp://kupuguy.blogspot.com

On Feb 2, 7:03 am, Duncan Booth <duncan.bo... at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Stefan Behnel <stefan... at behnel.de> wrote:
> > You are using Selenium RC here. I have no idea if there is a Python
> > API to it or what that API looks like. The rest is just trivial code
> > that you can map 1:1 to Python:
>
> >      def count_css_matches(css_locator):
> >          java_script_code = '''
> >              var cssMatches = eval_css("%s", window.document);
> >              cssMatches.length;''' % css_locator
> >          return int(selenium.getEval(java_script_code))
>
> > Although I'd simplify the JavaScript code somewhat to make it a plain
> > expression.
>
> You also need somewhere:
>
>     from selenium import selenium
>
> and in Python the method that is needed is selenium.get_eval(...)
>
> --
> Duncan Boothhttp://kupuguy.blogspot.com

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for the help. I feel like I've made some progress, yet I
am still stuck with the following error when I try to
print self.count_css_matches('css=[id="listGuests"]')
I've also included the Selenium code below. Any further help would be
appreciated.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Temp\1TestingApps\Selenium\Scripts\SevPractice.py", line
27, in test_untitled
    print self.count_css_matches('css=[id="listGuests"]')
  File "D:\Temp\1TestingApps\Selenium\Scripts\SevPractice.py", line
17, in count_css_matches
    return int(selenium.get_eval(self, java_script_code))
TypeError: unbound method get_eval() must be called with selenium
instance as first argument (got Untitled instance instead)

from selenium import selenium
import unittest, time
from datetime import datetime

class Untitled(unittest.TestCase):
    def count_css_matches(self, css_locator):
        java_script_code = '''
            var cssMatches = eval_css("%s", window.document);
            cssMatches.length;''' % css_locator
        return int(selenium.get_eval(self, java_script_code))
        #return int(selenium.getEval(java_script_code))

    def setUp(self):
        self.verificationErrors = []
        self.selenium = selenium("localhost", 4445, "*chrome", "http://
www.guestlistnation.com/")
        self.selenium.start()

    def test_untitled(self):
        sel = self.selenium
        sel.window_maximize()
        sel.open("/Events.aspx?Location=SAN FRANCISCO")

sel.click("css=[id='EventDates_ctl00_NestedEvents_ctl01_btnDetails']")
        sel.wait_for_page_to_load("30000")

        print self.count_css_matches('css=[id="listGuests"]')

if __name__ == "__main__":
    unittest.main()