Suggested editor for wxPython on Ubuntu

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:58:56 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Cousin Stanley <cousinstanley at gmail.com>wrote:

> usenet.digitig at spamgourmet.com wrote:
>
> > Ok, I've decided that Boa Constructor is too buggy to be useful
> > under Ubuntu, so what would the team recommend for developing
> > Python projects with wxPython? Preferably with some GUI design
> capability?
>
>   perhaps .... python-wxglade
>
>    GUI designer written in Python with wxPython
>
>    wxGlade is a GUI designer written in Python with the popular
>    GUI toolkit wxPython, that helps you create wxWidgets/wxPython
>    user interfaces. At the moment it can generate Python, C++ and
>    XRC (wxWidgets' XML resources) code.
>
> Although I do use wx-glade, geany, pycrust, netbeans, gedit, and vi, I
found and purchased WingIDE a while back. For the cost, it has nearly
everything I've seen in Netbeans for Java. I believe a license is about
$80(USD) and is well worth the money (at least to me). Runs on win, lin, and
mac. The auto-complete and function/method/lib/package helpers are
invaluable to me since I haven't memorized everything within the python
libs.

- Jack