Call to Update All Tutorials to Python3.x Standards.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:47:53 EST 2011

On Feb 13, 4:30 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:

> The official stance of the Python development team is that 2.7 and 3.x
> will co-exist for a long, long time. Removing 2.x tutorials would be
> cutting off our nose to spite our face.

That is BS Steven and you know it! Of course we are going to support
2.x for a long, long, time. Heck we even have downloads available for
Python1.x. I am talking about TUTORIALS steven, TUTORIALS!

However we should NOT be proliferating confusion by allowing 2.x and
3.x TUTORIALS to exists in the wild. I have tons of code that is
written in 2.x and non compatible for 3.x. However if i don't start
writing 3.x code soon, in the future i will have tons, and tons, and
tons, of code that is not 3.x compatible. Stop spreading lies Steven.
We are going to support 2.x because people have code bases that would
be too painful to change over now. HOWEVER! We must encourage any NEW
code to be written in 3.x compatible style.

PS: The only troll here is YOU!
PPS: I am talking about TUTORIALS!