Call to Update All Tutorials to Python3.x Standards.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Feb 13 17:30:55 EST 2011

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:03:18 -0600, Thomas L. Shinnick wrote:

> At 01:18 PM 2/13/2011, rantingrick wrote:
>>If any tutorial owners refuse to cooperate we need to remove their
>>tutorials (and/or links to their tutorials) from the official Python
>>website forever.
>
> How many tutorials have you written?
>
> In a city I used to live in, a long while ago, ...
[...]

As entertaining as the story was, please don't give the troll the
attention he craves. If we ignore him, and refuse to respond to his
ravings, maybe he'll move on.

The official stance of the Python development team is that 2.7 and 3.x
will co-exist for a long, long time. Removing 2.x tutorials would be
cutting off our nose to spite our face.

--
Steven