Problem with giant font sizes in tkinter

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 22:15:56 EST 2011

On Feb 10, 8:08 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:48:47 +0000, Cousin Stanley wrote:

> >   Will the more simplistic type of tuple spec not work in your tkinter
> >   application ?
>
> I don't know, but I'll give it a try.
>
> Nevertheless, I'd like to learn how to diagnose these sorts of font
> issues. Can anyone suggest where I should start?

I am *seriously* worried about comrade D'Aprano! Either his little
sister is using his account or he has completely lost his marbles!
Either way i am worried! SERIOUSLY!

Steven, are you seriously telling this group that with all your
knowledge of Python, CPython, C and many other languages you cannot
solve a simple "attack of the Tkinter giant font" bug? You cannot read
a tutorial or a manual to find the answer? You cannot use Google?