Getting a patch accepted

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Mon Dec 19 16:37:43 EST 2011

On 19-12-11 18:13, Tycho Andersen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A couple months ago I found a bug in a corner of the curses library
> (http://bugs.python.org/issue13051) and filed it. Unfortunately, there
> was nobody listed to cc on the noisy list, so it probably got lost in
> the shuffle. (There is even previous mention of this bug elsewhere on
> the tracker, and on stackoverflow, so it does affect some small number
> of people.)
>
> Is there anyone else I can bother to get this patch applied?

Part of the issue with this taking a while is that there's no one on
the committer side of things that deals with curses.

For one thing, I see that the patch has no tests, so you might want to
add unit tests to ensure that your changes don't break anything else.
I left a comment saying that on the issue, so I'll get any updates you
make and can look at them.

Rick Johnson's response is, as always, pure trolling. I'd suggest you
ignore him.