Getting a patch accepted

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:24:11 EST 2011

On Dec 19, 11:13 am, Tycho Andersen <ty... at tycho.ws> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A couple months ago I found a bug in a corner of the curses library
> (http://bugs.python.org/issue13051) and filed it. Unfortunately, there
> was nobody listed to cc on the noisy list, so it probably got lost in
> the shuffle. (There is even previous mention of this bug elsewhere on
> the tracker, and on stackoverflow, so it does affect some small number
> of people.)
>
> Is there anyone else I can bother to get this patch applied?

My friend, it seems as though you've exhausted all avenues and
explored all options. Now you need to contact upper management. I'd
dare say you should go further! Yes. I'd say you should contact the
great Guido van Rossum himself and bring this atrocious patching
system to his attention.

If no one in the community has the time to patch a bug in the source,
then by god GvR needs to step forth and earn that "Benevolent" scout
patch. I mean, he has the 20% time from Google for which he can do
whatever he likes. What did he think, we were going to let him veg out
on the couch watching re-runs of Monty Pythons Flying Circus! He'll
end up like Shatner for christ sakes! I want to see him mingling with
the masses and manning the trenches. I want to see him shaking hands
and kissing babies!