Screen Control Fullscreen ON/OFF

Yigit Turgut y.turgut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:57:13 EST 2011

On Dec 15, 4:19 pm, Ulrich Eckhardt <ulrich.eckha... at dominolaser.com>
wrote:
> Am 15.12.2011 12:12, schrieb yeet:
>
> > My LCD has 2ms respond time thus it can handle a maximum of 50Hz ON/
> > OFF (white/black) thus seems to fit my 1-40Hz range.
>
> You might want to ask Santa for a new calculator, as in my book a
> response time of 2ms would be enough for 250Hz (period = 2 * 2ms).
>
> Reminds me of a hack that used a special pattern on a CRT to emit DCF77
> signals, reprogramming any suitable radio-controlled clock in range.
> What are you trying to do, just out of curiosity?
>
> (c:
>
> Uli

Yes that's correct, 50Hz limit is the limit of NVIDIA CUDA Linux
drivers limit. Screen can go higher rates on sucky windows.
I am trying to generate a visual stimulus that will be used for fNIR
and EEG captures.

On Dec 15, 2:18 pm, Nizamov Shawkat <nizamov.shaw... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It depends on whether you want sync to vblank or not. If not, that is
> > pretty easy - use sleep() or something similar. If you have to use
> > sync (screen is always either black or white, never partly black and
> > white) then it is much much more difficult. Actually I do not know of
> > any way to sync to it.
>
> But you do not have to sync to vblank anyway. So you can turn on
> vblank sync for the videocard and then you will have either completely
> black or completely white screen at each single time point, but this
> will be delayed in regard to what you set in python.
>
> Hope this helps,
> S.Nizamov

It's not easy to do this basing on time, I think doing per frames is a
much better option. It's sounded like a very simple task at first but
I realize it's not that easy.Maybe I should write the screen blinker
in C or Assembly then call it from Python.