Multiprocessing bug, is information ever omitted from a traceback?

John Ladasky ladasky at my-deja.com
Sat Dec 10 12:53:53 EST 2011

On Dec 9, 9:00 pm, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 12/9/2011 6:14 PM, John Ladasky wrote:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/751...
>
> > I'm programming in Python 2.6 on Ubuntu Linux 10.10, if it matters.
>
> It might, as many bugs have been fixed since.
> Can you try the same code with the most recent 2.x release, 2.7.2?
> Do you have working and non-working code that you can publicly release?
> Can you reduce the size and dependencies so the examples are closer to
> 'small' than 'large'? And in any case, self-contained?
>
> In my first response, I said you might have found a bug. A bogus
> exception message qualifies. But to do much, we need minimal good/bad
> examples that run or not on a current release (2.7.2 or 3.2.2).
>
> --
> Terry Jan Reedy

All right, Terry, you've convinced me to look.  This will take some
time.  I'll hack away at the two versions of my 500-line programs,
until I have a minimal example.

Why did you specify Python 2.7.2, instead of the 2.7.6 version that is
being offered to me by Ubuntu Software Center?  Does it matter?