Multiprocessing bug, is information ever omitted from a traceback?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Dec 10 00:00:05 EST 2011

On 12/9/2011 6:14 PM, John Ladasky wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/751b7050c756c995#
>
> I'm programming in Python 2.6 on Ubuntu Linux 10.10, if it matters.

It might, as many bugs have been fixed since.
Can you try the same code with the most recent 2.x release, 2.7.2?
Do you have working and non-working code that you can publicly release?
Can you reduce the size and dependencies so the examples are closer to
'small' than 'large'? And in any case, self-contained?

In my first response, I said you might have found a bug. A bogus
exception message qualifies. But to do much, we need minimal good/bad
examples that run or not on a current release (2.7.2 or 3.2.2).

--
Terry Jan Reedy