Installing WebDAV server

Fokke Nauta fnautaNO at SPAMsolfon.nl
Wed Aug 31 08:18:00 EDT 2011

"Paul Kölle" <paul at subsignal.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.595.1314780791.27778.python-list at python.org...
> Hi,
>
> Am 30.08.2011 22:00, schrieb Fokke Nauta:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am completely new to Python, but I'm confronted with a problem I can't
>> solve.
> Welcome to python.
>
>> This is my question:
> [snip]
>
>> I installed Python 3.2.1 and extracted the packages PyWebDAV and PyXML.
>> Now
>> I have a working Python app and 2 directories called PyWebDAV-0.9.4.1 and
>> PyXML-0.8.4. In the PyWebDAV README it says:
>>
>> Installation and setup of server can be as easy as follows:
>>
>> $ easy_install PyWebDAV
>> $ davserver -D /tmp -n -J
>>
>> But of course it doesn't work like that. When I start up Python GUI I see
>> the ">>>" prompt instead of the "$" prompt. But where do I place the two
>> directories? And there is no easy_install script in the PyXML-0.8.4
>> directory, only a setup.py and ez_setup.py script. I guess the latter is
>> the
>> one to use. But how?
> You dont install from "Python GUI", use normal cmd, navigate to the folder
> you downloaded PyXML and PyWebDAV and run "python setup.py install"
> (python.exe has to be in your PATH). Then you have to find the
> startup-script "davserver". Find your python installation directory and
> look into <Install dir>/Tools/Scripts, in my computer this is
> E:\python27\Tools\Scripts. PyXML and PyWebDAV get installed in the
> site-packages folder i.e. E:\python27\Lib/site-packages. You might have to
> look for "davserver" there...

Thanks, Paul.

I ran "python setup.py install" in both the PyXML and PyWebDAV directories.
A lot of things happened and are added into those directories and I guess it
will be OK.
Next step, the startup-script "davserver". There is no script as such, also
not in \python27\tools\scripts.
I found 2 similar scripts:
1. server.py in D:\Python27\WebDAV\PyWebDAV\DAVServer
2. WebDAVServer.py in D:\Python27\WebDAV\PyWebDAV\DAV

Which one is the one to use?

I also configured config.ini in D:\Python27\WebDAV\PyWebDAV\DAVServer

In this file it says:
"# Auth Database Table, Must exists in database prior to firstrun
dbtable=webDav

# Create User Database Table and Insert system user"

I created in MySQL a database called webDav.
I can create a table called User, but how many fields?

With regards,
Fokke