Installing WebDAV server

Paul Kölle paul at subsignal.org
Wed Aug 31 04:52:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

Am 30.08.2011 22:00, schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> Hi all,
>
> I am completely new to Python, but I'm confronted with a problem I can't
> solve.
Welcome to python.

> This is my question:
[snip]

> I installed Python 3.2.1 and extracted the packages PyWebDAV and PyXML. Now
> I have a working Python app and 2 directories called PyWebDAV-0.9.4.1 and
> PyXML-0.8.4. In the PyWebDAV README it says:
>
> Installation and setup of server can be as easy as follows:
>
> $ easy_install PyWebDAV
> $ davserver -D /tmp -n -J
>
> But of course it doesn't work like that. When I start up Python GUI I see
> the ">>>" prompt instead of the "$" prompt. But where do I place the two
> directories? And there is no easy_install script in the PyXML-0.8.4
> directory, only a setup.py and ez_setup.py script. I guess the latter is the
> one to use. But how?
You dont install from "Python GUI", use normal cmd, navigate to the
folder you downloaded PyXML and PyWebDAV and run "python setup.py
install" (python.exe has to be in your PATH). Then you have to find the
startup-script "davserver". Find your python installation directory and
look into <Install dir>/Tools/Scripts, in my computer this is
E:\python27\Tools\Scripts. PyXML and PyWebDAV get installed in the
site-packages folder i.e. E:\python27\Lib/site-packages. You might have
to look for "davserver" there...

hth
  Paul