Installing WebDAV server

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Wed Aug 31 07:48:42 EDT 2011

> What do you mean by STFW?
Search The Fucking Web ?
> I wasn't aware that easy_install was a utility. Downloaded and installed the
> Windows version and run easy_install pywebdav.
> It downloaded something, installed something and finished something.
Then it's installed!
> But, once again, don't know how to proceed.
Is that so hard? I have never used pywebdav but the first page I hit
through Google search is:

http://code.google.com/p/pywebdav/

Where it says:

> Installation and setup of server can be as easy as follows:
>
> $ easy_installPyWebDAV
> $ davserver-D/tmp-n-J
> Starting  upPyWebDAV  server(version0.9.2-dev)
> >>  ATTENTION:  Authentication  disabled!
> >>  Serving  datafrom  /tmp
> >>  Listening  on localhost(8008)
So you successfully ran easy_install. Then I guess you will have to look
for a program named "davserver" and start it up. I suspect that
searching for  "davserver.*" under your site-packages dir or Python
installation dir will do.