Python Windows Extensions for Mac

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Aug 23 09:40:59 EDT 2011

Am 22.08.2011 15:07, schrieb johnny.venter:
> Chris, thank you for the information.  Focusing on Active Directory, I reviewed the info at the following site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961766.aspx
>
> Based on this, I need to find a module that implements the LDAP APIs.  By default, it does not appear that Python can speak this language, I am using version 2.6.1.  The module I found is Python-LDAP (http://www.python-ldap.org/).
>
> Does anyone have experience using this?

LDAP is a protocol, not a language. You are right, LDAP isn't part of
the Python standard library. The python-ldap extensions works well with
Active Directory. I've used it to write an authentication and
authorisation layer for our application.

A word of warning: LDAP isn't trivial and AD has its quirks, too. It's
going to take you a while to understand its concepts.

Christian