Python Windows Extensions for Mac

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 21 11:28:52 EDT 2011

On 21-8-2011 1:51, Johnny Venter wrote:
> Thank you all for the replies. I would like to query various Windows' objects and
> resources from Mac and/or Linux such as Active Directory users, network shares, group
> members, etc... What module or methods can I use with python to accomplish this?

A way to approach this problem is installing Python + windows extensions on the actual
windows machine(s) you want to query.

Then create some form of a server process that does the windows specific stuff locally,
and exposes an interface with the functions you want to provide to your remote
machine(s).  Talk with the server process using some form of platform independent IPC,
for instance Pyro: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pyro4/

Be careful what methods you expose this way though (security issues!)

Irmen