[Python] Re: Windows service in production?

Chris Gonnerman chris at gonnerman.org
Thu Aug 18 23:45:50 EDT 2011

Chiming in late here, but I've been running a very simple Python service
for some time now on a number of computers.  It's my Raw Print Server,
available at
http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/rawprintserver.html, and I have
instructions on the page for installing the Windows service version.
It's really quite simple to do in plain Python; the only reason to use
py2exe is if you don't want to install a full Python interpreter on the
computer.  But since I generally do anyway, it doesn't matter to me.

-- Chris.