Windows service in production?

Grummble grrrrr at rrrrr.com
Thu Aug 18 22:24:44 EDT 2011

On 08/16/2011 12:32 AM, snorble wrote:
> Anyone know of a Python application running as a Windows service in
> production? I'm planning a network monitoring application that runs as
> a service and reports back to the central server. Sort of a heartbeat
> type agent to assist with "this server is down, go check on it" type
> situations.

I modified something similar to:
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/551780-win-services-helper/
and it was in production for several years without any issues.

Specifically it processed orders generated by a customer's MRP system,
delivered to us via LPR, then processed into a format our in house
windows hosted picking/shipping system could digest. Availability was a
*major* requirement, and it worked flawlessly.