List spam

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:31:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Seebs <usenet-nospam at seebs.net> wrote:
> I don't.  If I want to get started in a language, I might well want to
> read about it a bit, and maybe ask questions like "what is a good book
> for me to start with?"
>
> If I have to know the language to do that, well...

When I start with a language, I want two things: a
compiler/interpreter, and online documentation. (A book would be
equivalent to the latter, but I tend to prefer to read things online.)
Asking questions comes later; first, I want to get a comprehension for
the language's features. By the time I join a list like this, I want
to be able to understand the answers I get.

ChrisA