[ANN] IPython 0.11 is officially out

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:38:26 EDT 2011

On 8/1/11 8:54 AM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> The documentation[1] says "If you are upgrading to version 0.11 of
> IPython, you will need to migrate your old ipythonrc or ipy_user_conf.py
> configuration files to the new system. Read on for information on how to
> do this." Unfortunately there is no more mentioning of "migration", so
> the developers' approach seems to be: "read all about the new
> configuration system and see if you can somehow duplicate your old
> ipythonrc settings. Good luck!".

Or you can ask nicely on ipython-user, and we can help you migrate your old
ipythonrc.

You can basically start with the ipython_config.py that is generated the first
time and edit it. It is fully commented and demonstrates every configurable
option with the defaults commented out. You just uncomment the appropriate lines
and put in your values.

You are right that the HOWTO migrate documentation is missing. It's an oversight
that you can help remedy.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."