PEP 8 and extraneous whitespace

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Mon Aug 1 11:16:58 EDT 2011

OKB (not okblacke) wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>>  Automatic word-wrap, where available, really is not a solution; it
>> is a bad workaround to a problem caused by the original author of
>> the source code that can be easily avoided by them taking more care
>> while coding.
>
>     I think exactly the opposite.  The source file should reflect the
> semantic organization of the code, without extraneous concessions to
> visual display (like "lining things up" with spaces or splitting long
> lines with hard newlines).  The editor should present the code nicely.
> People already argue for this general mindset when they say that "any
> good edit will let you set the tab width", etc.

Your approach would require all source code editors to have the same
minimum feature set as you described, with the same settings, which
is unrealistic.  And it would make especially Python code a lot harder
to read (as indentation matters in Python).

Your From header field value is borken.

--
PointedEars

Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail. / Please do not Cc: me.