Python IDE/text-editor

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Apr 16 18:19:09 EDT 2011

rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

> On Apr 16, 9:13 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Based on the comments here, it seems that emacs would have to be the
>> editor-in-chief for programmers. I currently use SciTE at work; is it
>> reasonable to, effectively, bill my employer for the time it'll take
>> me to learn emacs?
>
> It takes a day or two to learn emacs.

That's an extremely bold statement. I still haven't learned Emacs and
have read most of the Emacs manual, some parts twice.

Unless you mean openening a file, saving a file, and some basic cursor
movements.

> It takes forever to set it up.

If you mean to make work optimally for your way of editing, probably
true. You can keep fine tuning, adding/testing stuff, etc.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j.j.j.bokma
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: http://castleamber.com/