about soaplib demo's time latency

Stephen.Wu 54wutong at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:30:57 EDT 2011

On Apr 14, 5:18 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Stephen.Wu <54wut... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just follow the instructions below -http://soaplib.github.com/soaplib/2_0/pages/helloworld.html
> > to establish a soap server. After starting the server, everytime I run
> > the client script, I fetch the response nearly 20 seconds afterward.
> > Why this happen?
> > I just want the server send response asap then the client will show
> > the result to me immediately.
>
> > please give some hints. thanks
>
> Not sure if it's what you're seeing, but you might have an issue with
> reverse DNS. When the client connects, the server tries to look up its
> PTR record for its log. You can speed this up by either having such a
> record, or having an authoritative DNS server that returns an
> immediate failure; either option is fairly easy if you run BIND, but
> you might be able to do it with your hosts file (/etc/hosts or
> c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) instead - just put in an entry
> for your client computer and some hostname.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Chris Angelico

Thanks Chris.
I recheck the logic line by line and I find it is this sentence drag
speed down :  hello_client = Client('http://localhost:7789/?wsdl').
To initialize a suds.client.Client instance need that long lasting 20
seconds?
On your suggestion, if I just want to run the server localhost, how
should I set up the local \etc\hosts file?

thanks