about soaplib demo's time latency

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 05:18:58 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Stephen.Wu <54wutong at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just follow the instructions below - http://soaplib.github.com/soaplib/2_0/pages/helloworld.html
> to establish a soap server. After starting the server, everytime I run
> the client script, I fetch the response nearly 20 seconds afterward.
> Why this happen?
> I just want the server send response asap then the client will show
> the result to me immediately.
>
> please give some hints. thanks

Not sure if it's what you're seeing, but you might have an issue with
reverse DNS. When the client connects, the server tries to look up its
PTR record for its log. You can speed this up by either having such a
record, or having an authoritative DNS server that returns an
immediate failure; either option is fairly easy if you run BIND, but
you might be able to do it with your hosts file (/etc/hosts or
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) instead - just put in an entry
for your client computer and some hostname.

Hope that helps!

Chris Angelico