Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:10:22 EDT 2011

On Apr 13, 8:29 pm, Ryan Kelly <r... at rfk.id.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 17:39 -0700, rantingrick wrote:

> Oh rr, if only the time you spent formulating such eloquent prose could
> be devoted instead to improving the documentation whose state you
> bemoan.

I would LOVE to improve the doc, however first the student THEN the
teacher. However in this forsaken land the "teachers" do not exist. We
are cast off from the elites and left to wither, wandering in dark
catacombs of source code with many doors but no keys to unlock them.

> I weep that your delightful rhetoric is limited to this neglected forum,
> where the guardians of python core deign not to tread, and hence denied
> its rightful place exalted among python's canonical lore.

I share your anguish. The "elites" have hidden themselves behind an
impenetrable wall called python-dev. They wish not to speak with the
peasants. However they "somehow" find the time to hurl insults though
alternate personalities. They so not have the fortitude to face me in
open battle on the fields of righteousness.

How can they sit up there and look at the tkinter package and keep a
strait face? What an abomination it has become. Anyone who is even a
mediocre professional programmer would look at such code and quickly
discredit the whole community as a bunch of amateurs.

Q1: Why are we allowing this code to exist?
Q2: Why is no one beside myself speaking out?
Q3: Were is the chairman of PSF Steve Holden on these pressing
matters?
Q4: Where is Guido van Rossum for crying out loud? When is he going to
address this issue in public OUTSIDE the safety and comfort of python-
dev?

Come and face me Guido. Surely i am not too scary for you? Answer for
these crimes Guido and then you will be forgiven. Then we can move on.
Then we can be a real community again. We need you to get involved on
a more personal level with our community members. I want to see you
shaking hands and kissing babies. Show your face and let the light
illuminate even the darkest corners of c.l.p. Free your conscience of
these past atrocities...  "For the meek shall inherit and the wicked
be cast into oblivion". Trolls, your days are numbered!

Mr. Van Rossum I look forward to your cooperation and would be
delighted to hear any ideas you may have.

--rr