pylint -- should I just ignore it sometimes?

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Thu Oct 21 14:06:48 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-21, Martin P. Hellwig <martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org> wrote:
> Although intuitively I would say the shorthand, however that is
> depending on the context being me knowing at least the basics of 3d
> spaces and having the pre-warning that you are going to mention
> something with either coordinates or colours.

> Take away this pre-information, as you would when first reading an
> application, and all of the sudden the latter would be much clearer to
> the fellow programmer.

Would it really?  Would it stay clearer to the new programmer for more
than two or three minutes?

I don't think it would.  At worst, the new programmer has to look up
coordinates, once, and then we're back to the state where calling them
x, y, and z, or calling them r, g, and b, is MUCH easier on the new
guy.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net