EOF while scanning triple-quoted string literal

Sat Oct 16 02:56:58 EDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:07:37 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> Nor I, which is why I was confused by the statement that in the "Unix
> world" a lot of programs misbehaved when presented with files whose
> names contained a null byte.

That's not what I said. I said, TRY to create a file with a null byte in
the name, the implication being that you *can't do it*.

Okay, I accept that I muddied the water by also mentioning file names
with newlines in them, which can be created but cause havoc. But the
distinction was clear in my head, and if I can't expect people to read my
mind, then the terrorists will have won!

--
Steven