Does everyone keep getting recruiting emails from google?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Oct 15 10:52:22 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-15, Philip Semanchuk <philip at semanchuk.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
>
>> I keep getting recruiting emails from charlesnguyen at google.com about
>> working for google as an engineer.
>
> [...]
>
> FWIW, I got one email from Charles Nguyen and answered with a "thanks
> but no thanks". I have not heard from him again. He's perhaps casting
> too broad a net but the email I got looked legitimately from Google,
> judging by the headers.

Before I replied to the one I got (from somebody other than Nguyen), I
took a pretty close look at the headers, and either it was from
somebody inside Google, or it was somebody who did a pretty good job
forging headers.  I've never met a headhunter who even _knew_ what a
header was, so I concluded it was the former.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Of course, you
                                  at               UNDERSTAND about the PLAIDS