help!!!

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Wed Oct 6 19:32:47 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-06, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at web.de> wrote:
> With an impressive amount of technological experience under his belt. So
> I'm a bit aghast to see him struggle with this rather simple
> problem. Thus my question...

It does seem a bit odd.

I mean, if I had a short time line to get something converted to Python,
I'd probably ask for help, but then, I wouldn't take a gig where I needed to
quickly move something into an unfamiliar language.  I'm happily puttering
away slowly at converting a couple of things to Python to get the hang of it,
carefully selecting things with no impending deadlines.

Thus far, I've converted a shell script to Python.  It was... well, shell
turned out to be a poor language for it, but I do note that the shell
script, including all the here documents, was quite a bit smaller than the
Python.  On the other hand, I think the Python script is a lot more
maintainable, and this despite me not really knowing the language particularly
well.  It's an interesting tradeoff.  Still getting used to the Python
way of doing things.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net