tilted text in the turtle module

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Nov 25 10:00:59 EST 2010

On 11/25/2010 5:06 AM, Yingjie Lan wrote:
> First of all, I'd like to express my deep gratidute to the author of this module, it is such a fun module to work with and to teach python as a first programming language.
>
> Secondly, I would like to request a feature if it is not too hard to achieve. Currently, you can only write texts horizontally, no matter what is the current orientation of the turtle pen. I wonder if it is possible to write text in any direction when we control the heading of the turtle? For example, the following code would write a vertically oriented text:
>
> setheading(90) #turtle facing up
> write("vertical text!")
>
> Thanks a lot!

Yingjie:

This sounds like a good idea. To request a feature you should create an
account (if you do not already have one) on bugs.python.org and create a
new issue (assuming a search reveals that there is not already such an
issue).

You may find if you look at the module's code that you can imagine how
to  make the change. If not, the request will wait until some maintainer
sees it and has time.

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/