tilted text in the turtle module

Yingjie Lan lanyjie at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 06:06:03 EST 2010

First of all, I'd like to express my deep gratidute to the author of this module, it is such a fun module to work with and to teach python as a first programming language.

Secondly, I would like to request a feature if it is not too hard to achieve. Currently, you can only write texts horizontally, no matter what is the current orientation of the turtle pen. I wonder if it is possible to write text in any direction when we control the heading of the turtle? For example, the following code would write a vertically oriented text:

setheading(90) #turtle facing up
write("vertical text!")

Thanks a lot!

Yingjie