Ways of accessing this mailing list?

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Thu Nov 11 10:15:03 EST 2010

On Nov 3, 9:27 pm, Ben Finney <ben+pyt... at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Grant Edwards <inva... at invalid.invalid> writes:
> > On 2010-11-02, John Bond <li... at asd-group.com> wrote:
> > > My normal inbox is getting unmanageable, and I think I need to find
> > > a new way of following this and other lists.
>
> > Point an NNTP client at new.gmane.org.
>
> Ditto, but the correct hostname is ‘news.gmane.org’.

Hey.

I'm was trying this, and got stuck for a while. I have found
'gmane.comp.python.devel', which looks great for lurking, along with
many other entries under gmane.comp.python.*. But I couldn't find
*this* list (comp.lang.python) for ages, despite scrutinising possible
aliases.

For anyone else in the same boat, you are looking for
gmane.comp.python.general.

  Jonathan