Ways of accessing this mailing list?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Nov 3 17:27:14 EDT 2010

Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> writes:

> On 2010-11-02, John Bond <lists at asd-group.com> wrote:
> > My normal inbox is getting unmanageable, and I think I need to find
> > a new way of following this and other lists.
>
> Point an NNTP client at new.gmane.org.

Ditto, but the correct hostname is ‘news.gmane.org’.

> This "list" is also a Usenet newsgroup (comp.lang.python), and there
> are a number of cheap/low-cost text-only Usenet providers.

Moreover, Gmane is (as John probably knows) an NNTP interface to many
forums that would otherwise not be available via NNTP.

--
 \        “Members of the general public commonly find copyright rules |
  `\        implausible, and simply disbelieve them.” —Jessica Litman, |