Compare source code

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Mon Nov 8 19:31:08 EST 2010

On 2010-11-08, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/2010 02:27 AM, Seebs wrote:
>> I have yet to find an editor that allows me to, well, *edit*, more
>> comfortably than vi.

> Indeed vi (or in my case, vim) works wonderfully well with python.  I
> always use the following vim settings on python files:

Ahh, but I use nvi, not vim.

> If you set up a conditional thing in your vimrc to enable these settings
> for python files, you shouldn't have any more tab problems.

And I don't think I can do that in nvi -- I don't think it has conditionals.

Although.

You've just caused me to remember something which is in context both
amusing and funny.  Which is that I believe nvi has support for some
embedded scripting functionality, at least as an optional build choice.

Which I've never used, on the grounds that I don't know Python...

So that may actually be possible.  I'll look into it, for sure.  Thanks
for nudging my memory.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net