Compare source code

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Nov 5 15:33:37 EDT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:13:44 +0000 (UTC)
Tim Harig <usernet at ilthio.net> wrote:
> > care about.  If no one was on a crusade to convince people that
> > indentation as syntax (can we call is IAS from now on?) was evil then I
> > wouldn't be posting anything at all on the subject.  I am being totally
> > reactionary here.
>
> Neither of you are really adding anything to the conversation other then to

Well, whether I am adding anything is a judgement call.  That I don't
accept your premise doesn't mean that my postings are content free.

> It is, however, verifiable that white space syntax causes issues with a
> large number of common tools.  I am a man of science.  When choosing

The simple fact is that the combination of your tools and Python is
broken.  The combination of my tools and Python is not.  That's lucky
for me since I really, really like IAS.  That's unlucky for people who
have to work with tools that mangle code.  But don't crusade to change
my language.  Use Perl or C or even pybraces.

> It is simply hard for me to accept that your solution is better when
> it is telling us that we have to abandon thousands of tools that other
> solutions manage to work with without difficulty.

I am offering no solutions.  Why would I since I don't see a problem?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves