Compare source code

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Thu Nov 4 16:04:47 EDT 2010

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 19:37:25 +0000 (UTC)
Tim Harig <usernet at ilthio.net> wrote:
> On 2010-11-04, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:
> You are the one who seems to be on a crusade against against braces.  It

You totally misunderstand me.  I am not on a crusade of any sort.  I am
happy with Python and the number of other people who are happy with it
is interesting but does not change my life in any significant way.  As
long as there are enough people using it to keep it alive that's all I
care about.  If no one was on a crusade to convince people that
indentation as syntax (can we call is IAS from now on?) was evil then I
wouldn't be posting anything at all on the subject.  I am being totally
reactionary here.

> would seem to me, that if you want people to accept that white space
> formatting is superior, that you would be looking for a simple way to solve
> the white space mangling problem.

I might if it was a problem for me.

> The world is full of broken tools that many of us have to use; but, why
> should we accept that your choice is superior when other choices manage to
> work with these tools without issues.

You don't have to accept anything.  Choose your own tools.  I happen to
choose Python and the tools that I choose to use work fine for me.

> the source in binary.  I also consider the move toward XML based document
> formats a move in the right direction.

Don't get me started on XML.  ;-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves