What's the matter with docs.python.org?

Christian Mertes cmertes at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu May 20 02:19:07 EDT 2010

On Mi, 2010-05-19 at 16:42 -0700, Aahz wrote:

> IPv6 has sometimes been problematical -- try disabling it.

Wow, can I have that on a t-shirt? ;)

> Also, I think you need to pass the host HTTP header to access
> docs.python.org

Look, I don't really want to read Python docs via telnet. I basically
wanted to point out that there is strange behaviour and someone might
feel responsible and look into it. Unfortunately the
webmaster at docs.python.org address doesn't seem to work which might be
explained by the fact that there is no mx record for this domain.

Anyway, it currently works with both Opera and I-sit-in-Siberia-style
telnet.

Have a nice day,

Christian

PS: I think I'll get off the list again because with my broken evolution
mail filters it's just too much traffic. So if there should be another
reply, please put me in the Cc.