Working group for Python CPAN-equivalence?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed Mar 3 21:11:25 EST 2010

Philip Semanchuk <philip at semanchuk.com> writes:

> Do Fedora & Ubuntu's package managers offer modules that appear in
> CPAN?

Yes, I've installed so far all Perl modules I need that way (sudo
apt-get install ...)

> In other words, if I was a Perl user under Ubuntu would I use
> the pkg manager to add a Perl module, or CPAN, or would both work?

Both would work, but I would make very sure to use a separate
installation directory for modules installed via CPAN.

AFAIK there are also programs that pack CPAN modules/bundles into
something the package manager can use to install.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/