Get Eclipse/PyDev to run scripts that don't end in .py

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:37:10 EDT 2010

Is there any way to tell PyDev in Eclipse to run a script that doesn't
end in .py?  Even if I have to go and manually set something for each
file...

I've inherited (in a manner of speaking) a dev project that is done in
python2.6... I pulled the latest dev branch and have it opened as a
project in Eclipse, however, none of the python files end in .py, so
PyDev only sees them as text files.  And because of that, I can't run
them in Eclipse to try my changes, debug, etc.

So, is there a way to make them show up as python code without the .py
extension?  Because of this, I also don't get any of the fancy
indenting and highlighting that I'd normally get...

Cheers,

Jeff