I strongly dislike Python 3

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Wed Jun 30 17:40:11 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 8:52 , Lie Ryan wrote:

>> (1) The main use-cases for print are quick (and usually dirty)
>> scripts,
>> interactive use, and as a debugging aid.
>
> That is precisely how the quick-and-dirty syntax of print statement
> can
> be justified. While debugging, you'll need to be able to quickly
> add and
> delete prints here and there, and the extra parens can quickly become
> irritating.

actually, what I find is the following:

1) the parens are a bit more irritating than just a print
2) in my quick-and-dirty scripts, I often want to get rid of all of
the prints after it works.
3) being able to redefine print vastly outweighs the irritation
caused by the extra parens

			bb

--
Brian Blais