Why are String Formatted Queries Considered So Magical?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 00:28:33 EDT 2010

On Jun 27, 8:33 pm, Ben Finney <ben+pyt... at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> writes:
> > I'm disappointed, usually when you sit on your reinforced soapbox and
> > pretense the air of infinite expertise you at least use reasonable
> > logic.
>
> Kindly stop inventing straw men to attack; I deny the position you're
> painting for me.

No, this is not a straw man, you are 100% percent guilty of circular
logic as I accused you of.

Plus, I will not kindly do anything for you unless you kindly stop
being condescending and self-righteous when answering questions and
start treating people with respect.  It's not just me, you do it to
newbies who have reasonable questions and you end up making them feel
like assholes just for asking.  You don't just act that way to newbies
that deserve it.  You are part of the reason people are here accusing
the Python community of being unfriendly and unhelpful.

And that's not a strawman, either.

Carl Banks