I strongly dislike Python 3

Malte Dik malte.usenet at web.de
Sun Jun 27 09:26:08 EDT 2010

quote:

> I didn't notice this level of angst when Python made equally significant
> changes going from 1.5 to 2.0... admittedly Python 1.5 code would work
> unchanged in 2.0, but the 2.x series introduced MUCH bigger additions to
> Python than anything 3.0 and 3.1 have added, and anyone taking advantage
> of those changes is implicitly writing code which is not backwards
> compatible.

Maybe the print statement is like the wart of Python. It maybe ugly, but it
adds character. Could you imagine Lemmy lasered his?

Of course people are angsty that *their* Python might not be the same!

But I can relieve those who are: The interactive command line shell IPython
delivers an autocompletion where parenthesis for _any_ function may be left
out. Now, how does that sound? Ruby anyone? ;)

Sincerely,

Malte