I strongly dislike Python 3

Sat Jun 26 21:56:23 EDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 01:06:12 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 17:02:32 -0700, Paul Rubin wrote:
[...]
> To all the Python 3.x haters

Hmmm, I just realised that it might seem that this was aimed at Paul
directly. I'm sorry, I wasn't intending to imply that he's a Python 3
hater, or that anyone who mentions even the tiniest little disagreement
or difficulty with Python 3 is a hater. That wasn't my intention, and I'm
sorry if I gave it to anyone.

Of course there will be difficulties during the transition period, which
is why Python 2.7 will get a longer-than-normal release cycle. If people
don't publicly say what those difficulties are, they won't be fixed.
Sometimes the fix is just "hang in there, you'll learn the new ways of
doing things", and sometimes they will require new code in Python itself.

--
Steven