Convert .doc to .pdf

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 16:23:15 EDT 2010

On 14 June 2010 20:03, Thomas Jollans <thomas at jollans.com> wrote:
> On 06/14/2010 01:19 PM, Thales wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I need to convert some files from .doc to .pdf. I've googled it a
>> little bit and all the solutions I've found used the OpenOffice API,
>> but I can't use it.
>>
>> Anybody knows a library that I can use to do it?
>
> Why can't you use OpenOffice?

This is the real question. OOo can even be installed on a machine with
no video card and run as a service in order to convert documents. The
OP might also be interested in this gem from a prominent Wine dev:
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/

Any answer to the question will depend on why the OP cannot run OOo,
and most likely the answer will be a fix for how to in fact run it
anyway (or MSO).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il