setprocname

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollans.com
Mon Jun 14 15:31:35 EDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 08:41 PM, Tomasz Pajor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why there is no setprocname function in standard library, or am I
> missing something?

why should there be one? what should it do?

This sounds like you expect there to be a wrapper of a C system call or
other libc function called "setprocname". There is no "setprocname"
manual page installed on my system, which suggests to me that there is
no such function, at least not in the GNU libc. I may be wrong.

What makes you expect the existence of this function, and on which platform?

-- Thomas