Community (A Modest Proposal)

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 11:42:57 EDT 2010

On Jun 13, 5:04 am, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell... at dcuktec.org>
wrote:

> So I would propose that, instead of beating up a dead horse (I try to
> write from your point of view) you fork the project, call it Rython (or
> whatever you fancy) and create the community you want by patching up the
> language to your standards.

I have considered this although i dared not say it on the list until
all diplomatic means have failed, and it seems that we have reached
that point. Also i do not think splitting the community was a good
idea. However, if the ivory towers continue to pretend that the rest
of the Python community does not exist well then they will force my
hand, and i will start a fork. Then we will have a sort of ironic
situation... the very people who rail *against* me (and others) would
actually be working *for* me unwillingly but without recourse. he-he
Yes, as you've said "karma *is* a bitch" ;-)

> I promise if there is something where I am competent enough I will
> seriously consider contributing.

That is a wonderful response Martin thank you. I don't know if you are
serious, but a wonderful response nonetheless!