GUIs - A Modest Proposal

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 10:08:53 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 9:25 pm, Arndt Roger Schneider <arndt.ro... at addcom.de>
wrote:
> Terry Reedy schrieb:
> Forget postscript!
> Generate SVG from  a tk canvas or --better-- from tkpath.
> Jeszra (from me) generates SVG. There is also a SVG export

 ... orr, you use a modern web browser engine such as XulRunner 1.9
(the engine behind FF 3+), or webkit (the engine behind arora, midori,
safari, android, chrome, palm's webos, adobe AIR, iphone, ipad,
appcelerator, nokia S60 browser, the IE chrome plugin, blackberry 4
OS's web browser, and god knows what else).

 and you create python bindings to that modern web browser engine, and
you can then use DOM manipulation (like javascript, only in python) to
get at those SVG functions, and much much more.

 ... how does that sound?

> Will any big GUI-Framework work on those devises?
>
> No!

 yes.  called a web browser.  most likely a modern webkit-based
engine.

> Will SVG run on thoses devices?

 yes.  in the webkit-based web browser.  or the "opera mini" browser.
etc. etc.

 l.