GUIs - A Modest Proposal

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 8 13:16:41 EDT 2010

On 6/8/2010 4:50 AM, Arndt Roger Schneider wrote:
> Terry Reedy schrieb:

>> Googling further, I found canvasvg.py at
>> http://wm.ite.pl/proj/canvas2svg/index.html
>> via an answer to a question at
>> http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/629332-saving-output-turtle-graphics

> That was it! Be aware only tk canvas elements are exported to SVG by this
> package.

That is all I need at the moment, with no embedded controls, just lines,
fills, and a few text labels.

 > Jeszra on the other hand converts an entire GUI into SVG.

I had the impression, without diving deeply into the doc, that jeszra is
not something I can call from a Python program but is a stand-alone app
for designing guis, with one of the output possibilities being svg and
another tkinter-based classes that could be used in a Python program.

I will look into it further when I need that.

> I don't have any experience with this python package--for obvious reasons.
> What you should look after is how raster images are included in the
> generated SVG; and try each of the 12 different arrow shapes for tk line.

Thanks for the hint.

Terry Jan Reedy